Apple has released OS X Mavericks as a free upgrade. Follow these instructions to download the upgrade and install it on your OC laptop.
- For information about how your software will work with the Mavericks operating system, visit our page with information on the OS X Mavericks compatibility.
- If you are unsure of what version of operating system your Mac is running, visit our instructions for checking the version of your operating system in Mac.
- You can also go online to the Apple website to find and download the latest operating system.
Open "Software Update..."
- Click on the Apple icon at the top-left corner of the screen to reveal a drop-down menu.
- From the menu, select "Software Update..."
Enter Your Apple ID
This is not the same as your OC ID. If you use iTunes or have an iPhone, you should already have an Apple ID. If you do not have one, you can create one.
Follow the instructions through Apple's App Store to install the operating system. Installation could take up to several hours depending on your internet connection. To speed up the download, use an ethernet connection.