Yosemite is the latest Operating System offered by Apple. You can update to Yosemite for free. Please review the information and instructions below to make sure that your update works properly.
Other Yosemite instructions:
- Booting Up with Yosemite (instructions for switching between Windows and Mac)
Before Updating to Yosemite
- Back up your data! (Click here to learn how)
- Do all the pending software updates for the laptop before updating the OS.
- Have the laptop plugged into power and Ethernet (not really required but encouraged as any wifi problems during the update can negatively affect the process).
- Do not move the laptop until the update is completely finished.
Problems with Yosemite for OC-Issued Laptops
Boot picker does not work in Yosemite. If you'd like to boot up in Windows or if you'd like to switch back to Mac from Windows, please view our instructions for booting up with Yosemite.
Yosemite will try to update iMovie, iPhoto, Keynote, Pages, and Numbers, all of which OC no longer provides. In order to upgrade these programs, you will need to uninstall your current version of these programs and purchase the new version with your own account.