An item in Blackboard is general piece of content, such as a file, image, text, or link to which a description and other items can be attached. These instructions show you how to add your item to BlackBoard for your students.
Change Edit Mode to On
- Locate the edit mode switch in the top right corner of your screen.
- Click it to switch to ON
Choose Item Location
Access a content area, learning module, lesson plan, or folder.
- On the action bar, point to Build Content to access the drop-down list.
- Click Item
Name the Item
On the Create Item page, name the item you are uploading.
Optional: Add Text to Item
Optionally, in the Text box, type instructions or a description. You can use the content editor functions to format the text and include files, images, web links, multimedia, and mashups. Any files you upload from your computer are saved in Course Files or the Content Collection in the top-level folder. Attachments you upload using the content editor can be launched in a new window and can include alternate text to describe the attachment. Optionally, type a name for the attached file. If you do not provide a link name, the file name is used.
Attach a File
Alternatively, in the Attachments section, attach a file using one of the following options. These files appear in the item before any content editor content.
- To upload a file from your computer, click Browse My Computer.
- To upload a file from the course's storage repository click Browse Course.
Configure Item Settings
- Select Yes to Permit Users to View this Content.
- Select Yes to Track Number of Views.
- For Enter Date and Time Restrictions, you can set items to display on a specific date and time and to stop displaying on a specific date and time. Select the Display After and Display Until check boxes to enable the date and time selections. Type dates and times in the boxes or use the pop-up Date Selection Calendar and Time Selection Menu to select dates and times. Display restrictions do not affect item availability, only when it appears.
Click Submit to complete the upload.