Go to the Desired Blackboard Course
Navigate to the Blackboard course you would like to create a rubric in.
- Go to the Control Panel on the left side of your screen.
- Click Course Tools
- Click Rubrics
Click Create Rubric
- Enter a name for your rubric
- Enter a description for your rubric (optional)
The description could be directions, class information, project information, or other details.
- Use these buttons to add a row or column to your rubric.
- The rubric will automatically set to have three columns and three rows.
- Click the down arrows next to the row (or column) you would like to delete.
- Click Delete this row (or column)
You can alter the type of rubric here. The following are the types available to you.
- No Points: Feedback only.
- Points: Single point value for each Level of Achievement.
- Point Range: Range of values for each Level of Achievement.
- Percent: Flexible depending on each assignments possible points.
- Percent Range: Range of values for each Level of Achievement. During the grading process, you select the appropriate percentage level for a particular Level of Achievement and the system calculates the points earned by multiplying the weight x achievement percentage x item points.
- Check the box next to Show Criteria Weight to have weighted criteria.
- Edit the weight by typing in the weight percentage box (located next to each criteria)
- Click Balance Weights (located at the bottom of the rubric) to equally weight all criteria.
Ordering Criteria and Level of Achievement
Click these buttons (located at the top of the rubric) to change the order of the items in each category.
Levels of Achievement
- Click the arrows next to the level of achievement title to edit the name of the column or delete the column.
- You can adjust the percentage earned for each level of achievement.
- You can type in the text box to create examples of each level of achievement.
When you have finished editing your rubric, click Submit in the bottom right corner.
Once a rubric has been used for grading, you can not edit it further. However, you can copy the rubric and edit the copy.
Copy the Rubric (Optional)
- To copy the Rubric, click the down arrows next to the rubric you would like to copy.
- Click Copy