To deploy a test using Lockdown Browser, you must first create and deploy the test in Blackboard like any other test. Follow the instructions below to deploy a test. If you have already created and deployed the test, you can skip to the Lockdown Browser portion of this answer.
Make sure Edit Mode in the top right corner is switched to On.
- Navigate to the Exams area.
- Hover on the down arrows next to Assessment.
- Click Test.
Under Test Availability, click Yes next to Make available to students.
Set the other settings for the test. For detailed descriptions of each function, please visit this Blackboard help link.
Click Submit when you have finished configuring the test.
Enable Lockdown Browser
- Under the Control Panel.
- Click Course Tools.
- Click Respondus Lockdown Browser.
Select Test to Use with Lockdown
- Click the Menu icon next to the test you want to deploy with lockdown.
- Click Settings.
Require Lockdown Browser
- Click the button next to Require Respondus Lockdown Browser for this exam.
Settings will also allow you to add a password if you want additional security for the test. You would want to do this here and NOT in "Edit the Test Options" in your Blackboard course settings. ***DO NOT changed the password that will appear in "Edith the Test Options"
- Alter advanced settings (optional) - (click the explain button to learn about each setting).
- Edit Webcam settings (not recommended).
- Click Save and Close