All incoming MSE and MSCS students should choose courses for the first semester they'll attend OC. Follow the steps below to see the courses suggested for your Graduate Program and instructions for choosing class sections.
Open Web Browser
- Open your trusted web browser
- Go to https://webadvisor.oc.edu/redirect/enroll
Open Web Registration Window
- Click on Services
- Search for Web Registration
- Click on the Web Registration Process.
Agree to Payment Terms if Prompted
- Before you can register for classes you must agree to the Payment Terms. If you have not done that yet, you will need to click on the link to indicate your agreement. If you do not see the link, proceed to the next step.
Search and Register for Sections
Click Search and Register for Sections
The course registration page will open up in a new tab or window of your web browser. Use your suggested course list to fill out the following:
- Select the term for which you will be registering for classes.
- Choose the course subject
- Type in the course number
You can follow these three steps for up to five classes or subjects at a time. When you are finished click submit (#4).
Select Your Class Sections
All of the available sections for the classes you selected will appear. This can be very overwhelming. Here are some suggestions for how to work through the lists:
- For classes with multiple sections try to narrow the search - by a professor that has been recommended, a time that you would prefer, or days that you would prefer
- Set up a schedule for your week and start plugging in classes to see which sections would work best with your other classes.
Narrow Your Search
- Click Narrow my search
- It will appear that you have been taken back to the course schedule search page. This is where you will narrow your results by time, instructor, etc.
Select Classes to Register
- When you find a class that you would like to register for, check the box to the left of the listing.
- After you have selected all of your classes, select Submit at the bottom of the page.
- All of your selections will be added to your Preferred List.
Register for Selected Sections
If you need to search for more sections, you can select the Search and Register for Sections link at the top of the page. When you have finished selecting courses and wish to register, follow the steps below.
- Next to Action for ALL Pref. Sections, select RG Register. This will hold your spot in all of the classes you have selected.
- Click Submit
Alternately, you may register for classes individually by selecting RG Register from the drop-down box to the left of each section.
You will immediately know if your registration was or was not successful.
Some sections may be full. You may need to select a different section if your registration was unsuccessful.
If you are unsure why your class registration was unsuccessful, please contact the Registrar's office at (405) 425-5200 to resolve the issue.