OC provides a free download of Microsoft Office for current students. This page provides instructions for downloading and installing Microsoft Office 2013 on Windows 7.
Uninstall Any Older Version of Microsoft Office
If you have an older version of Microsoft Office, you will need to uninstall it.
Navigate to "Programs and Features"
- Click the Windows icon to open the Start Menu.
- Select "Control Panel."
- Select "Programs."
- Select "Programs and Features."
Install Microsoft Office 2013
Connect to Server
- Click on the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
- Type "\\software.oc.edu\dist\microsoft\office\2013" in the search box at the bottom of the screen, and press enter.
Accept the Software License Terms
1. Check the box to "accept the terms of this agreement"
2. Click "Continue"
Entering Product Key
Find Product Key
The product key is located in the file called "License" in the same folder that holds the "setup" file (\\software.oc.edu\dist\microsoft\office\2013). Follow the instructions below to enter the product key for Microsoft Office 2013.