Your OC email also includes a Google Drive account with free unlimited storage. You can download the Google Drive desktop application, which allows you to sync your files with Google Drive. (For example, you can save a Word Document directly to your Google Drive from your desktop, rather than saving the document twice, once for desktop and once on your Google Drive. This can serve as an automatic data backup technique.) You can also download the Google Drive App for your other devices (phones, iPads, tablets) and sync your files across your devices.
Follow the steps below to download and install the Google Drive desktop application in Windows.
Log Into Your OC Email Account on a Web Browser
- Go to "gmail.oc.edu."
- Log in with your OC credentials.
Access Your Google Drive
- Click the Google Apps icon at the top left to reveal a drop-down menu.
- Select Drive.
Ignore the Pop-Up
- If you see this page, click No thanks and continue.
- Click the settings icon.
- Click Download Drive
Select Your Operating System
- Choose the operating system compatible with your device.
Agree to the Terms
- Click Agree and download
Allow the Program to Make Changes
- Click Yes
Wait for the Application to Install
- This may take several minutes.
Follow the Prompts After Installation
- Installation Complete!
Locating Google Drive
- Your Google Drive Files Should Now Appear in Your Desktop "Explorer"
Google Drive Icon
- The Google Drive icon should appear at the bottom-right corner of your screen if your Google Drive application is running. You can click on the icon to reveal a menu of options.
If You Do Not See the Icon, Make Sure Your Google Drive App is Running
- Go to the Start menu.
- Select Google Drive.