Windows and Mac updates are actually good for your computer. Whenever Windows or Mac develops a new update, our campus servers deliver the update to your computer. This will happen as long as you are connected to the internet. These updates include security fixes and other changes that help Windows and Mac continue to operate smoothly. With many new virus threats appearing on a daily basis, the developers of the Windows and Mac operating systems are always producing updates to ensure the security of your data.
- If, after completing the steps below, your Mac OS updates are not installing, please visit our instructions for fixing the problem.
Open "Windows Update" Program
- Click on the windows symbol to reveal the start menu.
- Type "Windows Update" into the search box.
- Select "Windows Update" under "Programs."
Open "Software Update"
- Click the Apple icon in the menu bar at the top-left corner of the screen to reveal a drop-down menu.
- From the menu, select "Software Update..."
Click "Install" to Install Any Available Updates
If the update requires a restart, the button may say "Install and restart."