If you use Safari and want to save your Bookmarks you will need to export them and then backup the exported fie:
- Open Safari
- Click on the File menu and click on Export Book Marks
- Make note of where it is saving the file or change it to the Desktop
- Keep the default name “Safari Bookmarks” and click OK
- Backup the file “Safari Bookmarks”.
- Click "File" on the menu bar in the top-left corner of your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Export Bookmarks..."
Choose Folder Name and Destination
- Enter a name for the folder to which the bookmarks will be exported.
- Choose the destination for this folder containing the exported bookmarks.
- Click "Save."
Back Up the Bookmarks
Your bookmarks should now be saved in the location that you have chosen. Please follow the instructions for backing up data to back up your bookmarks.