You can access the OC network from off campus by creating a VPN connection. This page provides instructions for creating a VPN connection to OC in Mac OS.
- Instructions for creating a VPN connection in Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Instructions for creating a VPN connection in Windows 8 and 8.1
- If you already have a VPN to OC connection set up but need instructions on how to use it, visit our instructions for using VPN in Mac OS.
Open Network Preferences
- Click on the airport utility at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select "Open Network Preferences."
Add a New Connection
- If the lock on the bottom-left is closed, click on it and then enter your username and password.
- Just above the lock, click the plus button to add a connection.
Select the Interface
- Select VPN as the Interface
- Select L2TP over IPSec as the VPN Type
- Name the Service (we recommend VPN to OC).
- Click Create.
- Enter "vpn.oc.edu" for the Server Address.
- Enter your OC username in the username space.
- Click "Authentication Settings."