You can access the OC network from off campus by creating a VPN connection. This page provides instructions for creating a VPN connection to OC in Mac OS.
If you already have a VPN to OC connection set up but need instructions on how to use it, visit our instructions for using VPN in Mac.
Open Network Preferences
- Click on the AirPort utility at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select Open Network Preferences
Add a New Connection
- If the lock on the bottom-left is closed, click on it and then enter your username and password.
- Just above the lock, click the plus button to add a connection.
Select the Interface
- Select VPN as the Interface
- Select L2TP over IPSec as the VPN Type
- Name the Service (we recommend VPN to OC)
- Click Create
- Enter vpn.oc.edu for the Server Address
- Enter your OC username in the username space.
- Click Authentication Settings
- Select Shared Secret and enter Eagles as the password
- Click OK.
Click the Advanced button in the lower right hand corner.
- Check the top three boxes within the Options tab.
- Click OK
- Click Apply to save the Settings
- Click Connect if you'd like to connect now