This page provides instructions for connecting to a server in the Mac OS. If you would like to connect to the server from off campus, please set up a VPN connection first.
Click the Finder icon on the dock
Connect to Server
- Click Go in the menu bar at the top-left corner of your screen to reveal a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select Connect to Server...
(Alternatively, you can hit "command + k" on the keyboard.)
- In the Server Address box, type smb://
- Type the server name. (For example, judah or software)
- After the server name, type .oc.edu at the end
- Enter a forward slash ( / ) followed by the share name you need to access. (For example, users or Microsoft)
- Enter a forward slash ( / ) followed by the folder name you need to access. (For example, user.name or Office)