You can access the OC network from off campus by creating a VPN connection. This page provides instructions for creating a VPN connection to OC in Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- Instructions for creating a VPN connection in Windows 8 and 8.1
- Instructions for creating a VPN connection in Mac
- If you already have a VPN to OC connection set up but need instructions on how to use it, visit our instructions for using VPN in Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
Enter Connection Information
- Type "vpn.oc.edu" in the Internet address field.
- Type "VPN to OC" in the Destination name field.
- Check the box next to "Don't connect now; just set it up so I can connect later"
- Click "Next."
- Enter your username.
- Enter your password.
- You may leave the domain box blank.
- Click "Create."
Edit Adapter Settings
On the Network and Sharing screen (which should still be open in the background) select Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click on the VPN connection.
- Select Properties.
- Click on the network icon.
- Select the VPN to OC connection to expand the menu.
- Click Connect.