You can access the OC network from off campus by creating a VPN connection. This page provides instructions for creating a VPN connection to OC in Windows 7.
Open Network Connections
- Click on the network icon in the system tray at the bottom of your screen.
Open Network and Sharing Center
- Click on Open Network and Sharing Center
Set up a New Connection
- Click Set up a new connection or network
Choose Connection Type
- Select Connect to a workplace
- Click Next
- Select Use my Internet connection (VPN)
Enter Connection Information
- Type vpn.oc.edu in the Internet address field.
- Type VPN to OC in the Destination name field.
- Check the box next to Don't connect now; just set it up so I can connect later
- Click Next
- Enter your OC username.
- Enter your OC password.
- You may leave the domain box blank.
- Click Create
- Click Close to close the Window.
Edit Adapter Settings
- On the Network and Sharing screen (which should still be open in the background) select Change Adapter Settings
Go to Properties
- Right-click on VPN to OC
- Select Properties
Type of VPN
- Change the type of protocol to Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IPSec)
Edit Advanced Settings
- Click on Advanced Settings
- Click the button next to Use preshared key for authentication
- Enter the word Eagles as the key
- Click OK
- Click on the network icon from your system tray
- Select the VPN to OC connection to expand the menu
- Click Connect
- You have successfully connected to OC's network using VPN.
Contact Support Central
- View Location
- View Hours
- Phone: 405-425-5555
- Email: email@example.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.