You can access the OC network from off Campus through a VPN connection. This page provides instructions for connecting to VPN in Windows 8 and 8.1.
Open Network and Sharing Center
- In the bottom-right corner of your desktop, right-click on the network icon.
- Select Open Network and Sharing Center
Set up a New Connection
Click Set up a new connection or network
Connect to a Workplace
- Click Connect to a workplace.
- Click Next
Use Your Internet Connection
Select Use my Internet Connection (VPN)
Set the Address and Name
- In the internet address box type, vpn.oc.edu
- Enter a destination name. (We recommend OC VPN)
Configure the New VPN
- Go back to the Network and Sharing screen
- Click Change adapter settings
Edit the Properties of Your Connection
- Right-click on the new OC VPN to reveal a drop-down menu.
- From the menu, select Properties
Change Security Settings
- Navigate to the Security tab.
- Under Type of VPN select Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IPsec)
- Select the Allow these protocols radio button.
- Check the Microsoft CHAP Version 2 checkbox.
- Click on Advanced Settings
- Select the Radio button for Use preshared key for authentication
- Type Eagles in the Key box
- Click OK
- Click OK again.
Connect to OC VPN
Open network window
Click the network icon in the bottom right corner of your screen
- Click on your new connection (probably labeled OC VPN).
- Click Connect
Login to the VPN
- Login using your OC username and OC password
- Click OK
Your VPN connection should say Connected