You can access the OC network from off Campus through a VPN connection. This page provides instructions for connecting to VPN in Windows 8 and 8.1.
Open Network and Sharing Center
- In the bottom-right corner of your desktop, right-click on the network icon.
- Select Open Network and Sharing Center
Set up a New Connection
Click Set up a new connection or network
Connect to a Workplace
- Click Connect to a workplace.
- Click Next
Use Your Internet Connection
Select Use my Internet Connection (VPN)
Set the Address and Name
- In the internet address box type, vpn.oc.edu
- Enter a destination name. (We recommend OC VPN)
Configure the New VPN
- Go back to the Network and Sharing screen
- Click Change adapter settings
Edit the Properties of Your Connection
- Right-click on the new OC VPN to reveal a drop-down menu.
- From the menu, select Properties
Change Security Settings
- Navigate to the Security tab.
- Under Type of VPN select Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IPsec)
- Select the Allow these protocols radio button.
- Check the Microsoft CHAP Version 2 checkbox.
- Click on Advanced Settings
- Select the Radio button for Use preshared key for authentication
- Type Eagles in the Key box
- Click OK
- Click OK again.
Connect to OC VPN
Open network window
Click the network icon in the bottom right corner of your screen
- Click on your new connection (probably labeled OC VPN).
- Click Connect
Login to the VPN
- Login using your OC username and OC password
- Click OK
Your VPN connection should say Connected
If You Experience an Error
If you see the above error, go back to the step on this page labeled Change Security Settings and make sure you have followed this step correctly.
Contact Support Central
- View Location
- View Hours
- Phone: 405-425-5555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please sign in to leave a comment.