- Before you install Office 2011, you need to Uninstall Office 2008.
- Because Office 2011 is such a large program, you need to connect to the network using a wired Ethernet connection and disable your wireless connection before beginning this process in order to reduce the installation time.
- Please note that you must be on campus in order to install this program.
Connect to Server smb://software.oc.edu/dist/Microsoft/Office/2011Mac/Office2011Mac.iso
In order to get to the Office2011Mac.ISO, connect to smb://software.oc.edu/dist/Microsoft/Office/2011Mac/Office2011Mac.iso
Please visit the following link for help on connecting to a server in the Mac OS.
Enter Computer Admin Information
- Enter the administrative username for your computer (your OC username if you have an OC-issued laptop).
- Enter the administrative password for your computer (your OC password if you have an OC-issued laptop).
- Click "Install Software."
Updates and Improvement Program
- Select "Yes" for the first question.
- Select "Yes" for the second question.
- Click "Continue."
- Now that you have Office 2011 installed, please visit our answer on using Microsoft Office 2011.
- Information on setting up Microsoft Outlook for your OC email
- Migrating from entourage to Outlook 2011