The university licenses Sophos Anti-Virus for faculty and staff. If you are experiencing issues with Sophos on Windows, such as a "Could not contact server" error, or a red cross on the Sophos icon, re-installing Sophos should fix the problem.
This program is only available for certain users due to licensing agreements. If you do not have access and believe you should have access to this program, please contact Support Central.
Connect to the Server
- Click on the windows start button
- Type \\Software.oc.edu\dist\Sophos\ in the search box.
- Select the Sophos installer from the list.
- Click Yes
Let Sophos Configure
This may take several minutes.
Auto Update Complete
- After the AutoUpdate is done, Sophos will be working properly. The Sophos icon will not have the red cross on it.
Running a Sophos scan
- Now that you have Sophos installed, please visit our answer on running a Sophos viurs scan.