This page provides instructions for installing Sophos Anti-Virus on Mac OS.
The university licenses Sophos Anti-Virus for employees to use on their work computers as well as their home computers.
Connect to the server to locate the file for download
- Click on the desktop to activate the Finder menu.
- Select Go > Connect to Server
- Enter smb://Software.oc.edu/dist/Sophos/ as the server address
- Press Connect.
Download and Open the Sophos File
Double-Click the Sophos.dmg file from the folder that opens to start the install.
- Click the Sophos icon on the menu bar at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Select "Update Now" from the drop-down menu.
Possible Error message
Occasionally another set up updates wil need to be installed before the auto-update service begins running. If the error above occurs after you check for updates, follow the steps below to install more updates and start the auto-update service.
This window should come up, and that means that you have successfully installed and updated Sophos Anti-Virus
- Now that you have Sophos installed, please visit our answer on running a sophos scan.