This page provides instructions for installing Sophos Anti-Virus on Mac OS.
This program is only available for certain users due to licensing agreements. If you do not have access and believe you should have access to this program, please contact Support Central.
Connect to the Server
Connect to the server to locate the file for download
- Click on the desktop to activate the Finder menu.
- Select Go from the menu at the top of your screen
- Click Connect to Server
- Enter smb://Software.oc.edu/dist/Sophos/ as the server address
- Click Connect.
Download the Sophos File
- Double-Click the Sophos.dmg file to start the install.
Open the Sophos Installer Package
- Double click the Sophos Installer Package icon to start the install process.
Start the Setup Process
- Click Continue
Accept the License Agreement
- Click Continue
Agree to the Terms
- Click Agree
Wait for Install to Complete
This may take several minutes.
Close the Installer
- Click Close
- There should now be a Sophos icon at the top of your screen.
- Click the Sophos icon on the menu bar at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Select Update Now from the drop-down menu.
Occasionally another set of updates wil need to be installed before the auto-update service begins running. If the error above occurs after you check for updates, follow the steps below to install more updates and start the auto-update service.
- Launch Sophos from the Applications folder
- Right-click on the Sophos icon in the dock
- Select Update Now
This window should come up, and that means that you have successfully installed and updated Sophos Anti-Virus
- Now that you have Sophos installed, please visit our answer on running a sophos scan.