Parallels is an application that allows you to run Windows inside of the Mac OS. It 'virtualizes' running Windows. You can use parallels to use Windows programs inside of the Mac OS.
- If you have an OC-issued laptop, you may download Parallels for free from the network share folders, as explained in these instructions.
- If you are a participant in the "Bring Your Own Device" program, you may purchase Parallels with a student discount: http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/studentedition/
This page provides instructions for installing version 8 of Parallels.
After installing, please visit our instructions for one of the following options:
- setting up Windows as a virtual machine in Parallels without a Boot Camp partition
- setting up Windows as a virtual machine in Parallels using an existing Boot Camp partition
For more information, visit our overview of using Windows on a Mac Computer.
Connect to Server
Enter Your OC Information
- Leave the name if it was filled out automatically or enter your OC name.
- Enter your OC password.
- Click "OK."
When prompted about the activation key, find the key in "License.txt.," which is located in the same folder as the .dmg file you have downloaded (find the folder here smb://software.oc.edu/dist/Parallels/8).
Finished: You May Now Set Up Parallels
Visit our instructions for setting up Parallels.