These instructions describe how to install the Synoptix client on a user workstation and configure it to pull data from the Financial Data Mart.
3. Double click on the Synoptix folder.
6. Double click on the ellucian_syn_install64 application.
7. Select Yes if the "User Account Control" dialogue appears.
8. Allow a few minutes for the program to install.
11. Select In a new Program Group and then select Next.
13. Allow a few minutes for the installer to load.
Running the Program for the first time
15. From the Start menu, select the Synoptix program.
17. In the Name field, enter Your Name.
18. In the Company field, enter Oklahoma Christian University.
19. In the Address field, enter the address for the school: PO Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136
20. Click Next.
22. Go to \\software\dist\Compusoft\Synoptix
23. Double click on the InstallationInformation text document.
24. Enter the information given in the text document in the specified blanks.
25. Select Next.
28. Select OK and restart Synoptix.
First Time Logging In
29. When you open Synoptix back up, you will be prompted with a login screen. Use the username and password that was assigned to you. This will not be the same as your network login information.
30. You will be prompted that some configuration files need to be modified. Select OK.
31. Select Yes to allow the program to make changes to the computer.
Change the Memory Allocations
34. Change the 199 to 550 for the "Maximum memory used by Synoptix for Datatel."
35. Select OK.
38. Select OK.
39. Close Out of Synoptix
Synoptix is ready to use.