You can change your preset settings in most programs to automatically print grayscale to color printers so you won't be charged for a color print. Follow the instructions below.
Reinstall Printers (Recommended)
Change Settings Manually (Optional)
Open Devices and Printers
- Select the Start menu
- Select Devices and Printers
Choose Printer to Configure
Right click on the printer you would like to apply the gray-scale settings to.
Select Printing preferences
Select the Color tab at the top of the screen
- Check the box next to Print in Grayscale
- Click Apply to make the changes
- Click OK to close the preferences box
Repeat for any other color printers you would like the settings to apply to.
- These presets should be saved for ALL programs that you will need to print to on OC's domain.
- To print in color, repeat the steps above and uncheck the Print in Grayscale box, and select Print. This will allow your document to print in color, but keep the grayscale settings as default.