You can change the call forward destination for each call handling mode. This page provides forwarding instructions for Mac users.
Open the ShoreTel Communicator on Your Desktop
- If you do not have ShoreTel Communicator, please follow our instructions for installing and setting up ShoreTel Communicator for Mac.
Select "Communicator" in the top left-hand corner, and then "Preferences".
- Click on "Communicator" in the top-left corner of the menu bar to reveal a drop-down menu.
- Select "Preferences..." from the menu.
- From the list on the panel to the left, select "Call Handling Mode" to reveal another list.
- From the new list, select "Standard."
Mode Configuration Panel Parameters:
1. Record Greeting
- Press this button to record the greeting that callers receive when they reach your voice mailbox.
2. Call Forwarding Condition
- This parameter specifies conditions for forwarding inbound calls.
• Always: When selected, all inbound call are sent to the number listed in the "Forwarding Destination" box.
• When No Answer or Busy: When selected, inbound calls are directed to one of two numbers listed in the
"Forwarding Destination" box.
** One number lists the destination when the call was not answered after a specified number of rings. The other
number lists the destination when the call was not answered because the line was busy.
• Never: Selecting this option disables call forwarding
3. Forwarding Destinations
- This parameter displays the destination of your calls that are forwarded and the number of times your phone rings before the call is forwarded. Click the "Edit Destination" button to add a number.
• When Call Handling Condition is "Always," the field displays one number that receives all of your inbound calls.
• When Call Handling Condition is "When No Answer or Busy," the field displays two numbers:
- One number specifies a destination for unanswered calls after a specified number of rings.
- One number specifies a destination for unanswered calls when the line is busy.
• When Call Handling Condition is "Never," the field displays no forwarding numbers.
4. Enable Find Me
- This box enables Find Me call handling when the specified Call Handling Mode is active.
5. When Caller presses '0', transfer to:
- This field designates the recipient of your call when the caller presses 0 (zero) while listening to the voicemail greeting.
6. Schedule Mode Change
- This field specifies the ShoreWare schedule that determines the default period for the specified Call Handling Mode.
7. Voice Mail Escalation Profile
- Escalation profiles specify a list of contacts that are notified when ShoreTel Communicator forwards your calls.
- Escalation profiles are used for periods when you may receive calls that require immediate attention.
8. Call Handling Note
- A Call Handling Note is a text stream provided to the operator who monitors your extension. Notes provide
additional information, such as when you plan to return. The contacts panel displays Call Handling notes. Workgroup
Supervisors can also view notes on the Agent Monitor.