My microphone cord is connected to the microphone jack on the left side of my laptop, but it is not recording anything. What should I do? Are there any settings that I can check?
Open Sound Properties
- From the Start Menu type sound into search.
- In the results that appear, click on the sound option under Control Panel.
- Navigate to the Recording tab
- Click the Microphone option
- Click Properties
- In the resulting dialogue, click on the Levels tab.
- You can drag the slider to adjust the microphone levels.
- Click OK when you are done.