If you have reset your password and are continuously reeiving prompts to update your keychain password, you may want to delete the keychain password. Follow the instructions below to delete the keychain password.
Delete Keychain from Finder (recommended)
Press the keys "Command", "Shift", and "C" simultaneously
- You can use either side of the keyboard for the command or shift keys.
Select Your User
- Format your window in list view.
- Click Mac OS X
- Click Users
- Click on your username/user (there should be a house next to your username)
Find the Keychain Folder
- Double click to open the Keychains folder
Delete the Keychains
- Delete everything inside this folder.
Restart your computer
When you are done deleting the keychain, restart your computer.
Open Keychain Access
- In the top-right corner of your screen, click on the spotlight search.
- Type Keychain in the search bar.
- Select Keychain Access
Delete Keychain 'login'
- Click on File in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- Select Delete Keychain 'login' from the drop-down menu.
Delete References and Files
- Click Delete References & Files
Create New Keychain (Optional)
As you enter your passwords in the future, you will be able to gradually create your new keychain by agreeing to save passwords to your keychain when prompted.