The EFI password must remain on OC computers until students graduate from the university.
It has come to our attention that for a short time in 2014 the Grad Prep program has not been removing the EFI password from graduate computers consistently. If you have graduated and need to remove your EFI password, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you a script to use to remove the password from your computer.
- This script needs to be downloaded and run on the Mac side of your computer.
Once You Have Received Our Reply, Follow These Instructions:
- Open your the email you received from Support Central.
- Click on the EFI Password Removal link.
This should download the script to your computer.
- Click "Go" in the menu bar at the top of the screen to reveal a drop-down menu.
- In the "Go" menu, select "Downloads."
- Locate "EFI Password Removal.dmg," and double-click it to launch the file.
Start the Script
- Double-click on the EFI Password Removal Script
- If a security window pops up, click "Open."
- Enter your computer's username and password, not your old OC network username and password.
- Click "OK."