You can easily create a filter for messages similar to one you're currently reading. To create a filter from within a message, just follow these steps:
Open an e-mail Message
1. Click the drop-down menu next to Reply.
2. Select Filter Messages Like This.
Enter your filter criteria
- Enter the filter criteria for the filter. in this case we're going to filter all messages from the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click "Create filter with this search."
- Check the box next to the actions you'd like to take with the messages. You can choose one or multiple actions.
- To apply the rule to other messages in your inbox, you can check the box to apply the filter to other matching messages.
- Click Create Filter.
You can check any combination of these boxes:
- Skip the Inbox. This means you will not see the message in your inbox, but you can find it in your archives.
- Mark as read. The message will automatically be marked as read
- Star it. This will cause the message to be starred
- Apply a label. This will apply a label, but will not cause the message to skip the inbox unless you also check that box
- Forward it. You will need to add a forwarding address using the link.
- Delete it. This will delete the message. You may not be able to find the message later.
- Never send it to Spam.
- Always mark it as important.
- Never Mark it as important.
NOTE: You can create an unlimited number of filters, but only 20 filters can forward to other addresses.