With Google documents, you can easily create, share, and edit documents online. Here are a few specific things you can do:
- Convert most file types to Google Docs format.
- Add flair and format your documents, with options such as paint format, margins, spacing, and fonts.
- Invite other people to collaborate on a doc with you, giving them edit, comment or view access.
- Collaborate online in real time and chat with other collaborators.
- View your documents' revision history and roll back to any version.
- Download Google Docs to your desktop as Word, OpenOffice, RTF, PDF, HTML or zip files.
- Translate a document to a different language.
- Email your documents to other people as attachments.
Click the "Create" button, and select which type of document you would like to create.
A window with a new Google document will open, and you'll be able to edit the document, share it with other people, and collaborate on it in real-time. Google Docs saves your document automatically, and you can always access it from your Documents List.