You can set up a "vacation response" in your Gmail settings that will automatically reply to anyone who emails you during the specified time.
Settings in Gmail
- From any Gmail page, click on the gear icon.
- Select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure that the "General" tab is selected.
- Scroll down to the section titled "Vacation responder."
- Select "Vacation responder on"
Start (and End) Date
- Next to "First day," enter the date that you want the automatic reply to begin.
If there is a specific date on which you would like the automatic reply to stop,
2. check the box next to "Last day" and
3. enter this date in the adjacent box.
Enter the subject and body of your message in the "Subject:" and "Message:" fields.
- Enter the subject of your automatic reply.
- Enter the text for the body of your automatic email.
If you've enabled a personalized signature in your settings, Gmail will automatically append it to the bottom of your vacation response.
Options Below the "Message" Box
- If you want everyone who emails you during the specified period of time to receive the automatic reply, leave both boxes unchecked.
- If you only want people in your contacts to receive the automatic reply, check the first box.
- If you only want people in your domain to receive the automatic reply, check the second box.
- Check both boxes to limit the automatic reply to those who are both in your contacts and in your domain.