These instructions tell you how to compose a new message in Gmail. For these instructions, please log in to your Gmail account. If you do not know how to log in to your OC email account, please see our instructions on how to Access Google Apps.
- Click the red button 'Compose' on the menu on the left side of your screen.
- Type in the recipient of the email.
- Type in the subject of the email.
Recipient: who you are sending the email to. You can type in multiple recipient email addresses separated by commas if you would like. If the recipient is a user in your email address domain, you may be able to type the name of the person and their email address will pop up automatically.
Subject: This is the title of the email. This is typically what the recipient will see first.
- Click in the large area below the subject line. Type your email message!
- When you are done composing your message, press the 'Send' button in the lower left corner of your message box. Alternatively, you can press 'Command+Enter'(Mac) or 'Ctrl+Enter'(Windows).
Message Sent Confirmation
- After your message has been sent, you will be redirected to your inbox and will see a yellow box confirming your email has been sent.