You can set up Outlook to work with your OC email (Gmail). This page provides instructions for setting up Outlook in Office 2011 on Mac.
- You must first install Office 2011 in order to follow these instructions.
- Instructions for migrating from Entourage 2008 to Outlook 2011 in Mac OS
- Instructions for using Office 2011 on Mac OS
If you need to remove your old Exchange Account, follow the instructions at the following link:
Go to Tools->Accounts
- Click on "Tools" in the menu bar at the top of the screen to reveal a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Accounts..."
OC Email Address & Password
- Enter your OC Email Address
- Enter your Password
** Keep in mind that Faculty/Staff email addresses will end in @oc.edu and Student email addresses will end in @eagles.oc.edu**
The box should extend down so you have to enter the following information
- Enter your Email address next to "Username."
- Select Server Type as "IMAP."
- For incoming server, enter "imap.gmail.com"
- Select "Use SSL to connect (recommended)."
- The outgoing server should be smtp.gmail.com
- Select Override default port
- Select Use SSL to connect (recommended)
- Enter 587 as the outgoing port number.
- Click "Add Account."
- Next to "Authentication," select "Use Incoming Server Info."
- Click "OK."
It may take a few moments for the account to sync and load up all of your emails.