These instructions show what to do when the Apple Mail app does not accept your password for your OC email account and shows you an error message upon opening the application.
OC Password Not Accepted
You do not have to enter your OC password to fix the issue.
- Click on "Mail" on the menu bar at the top-left of the screen.
- Select "Preferences..."
Edit SMTP Server List
- Make sure you're in the "Accounts" tab.
- Make sure the OC email is selected from the list on the left.
- Click to open the menu by "Outgoing Mail Server."
- Select "Edit SMTP Server List..."
- Select the "Advanced" tab.
- Make sure that "User Name" shows your ENTIRE email address, including "@eagles.oc.edu."
- Click "OK."
You have successfully resolved the rejected password issue in Apple Mail.