Fall Housing | Reservations in 3 Simple Steps:
- March 26th – April 2nd: Housing Application & Roommate Groups.
- April 2nd - April 12th: Pre-enroll in fall classes.
- April 16th- April 20th: Select housing!
Things to Note:
- Steps 1 and 2 must be completed before you can begin Step #3.
- Returning students who have pre-enrolled in fall classes, but did not select a room by April 23rd, will be automatically assigned a room for the fall semester.
- Once you have selected your room, you will receive an automatic email confirming your selection.
- If you are graduating, transferring, or do not plan to return for the fall semester, you will not need to complete this process. If you are transferring or do not plan to return, please complete the online withdrawal form or notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you are not charged for housing.
Step 1: Complete Your Housing Application & Create Roommate Groups
Directions on how to complete the Fall Housing Application and Agreement can be found HERE or below.
On the Home Page under the “Applications” banner, you will see the “Fall Housing Application.”
Select the blue Get Started button
Complete and submit the housing application
Receive an email from email@example.com confirming we have received and accepted your application.
Create Roommate Groups
Create Roommate Groups, if applicable - not required.
Roommate Groups can be created through the Roommates tab on your MyOCHome Account. Instructions on How to Create a Roommate Group and more can be found by clicking here.
STEP 2: Pre-Enroll for Classes
Pre-enroll for classes as soon as your open enrollment period begins. View the pre-enrollment schedule on our calendar of events.
*IMPORTANT: You will not be able to select fall housing until you have pre-enrolled for fall classes.
Fall Pre-Enrollment Schedule
April 2nd: Graduate Students and Graduating Seniors
April 3rd: All other Seniors
April 5th: All Juniors
April 9th: All Sophomore
April 12th: All Freshman
Please note that these times are different than the housing selection times. You will not be able to select housing until after pre-enrollment has closes.
STEP 3: Select Housing
It's time to select your room! You or your roommate group will be assigned a specific selection start time and date to select your housing. From your assigned selection start date through April 20th, you will be able to select a room.
You will be able to view your selection start time by visiting www.oc.edu/myochome. Directions on how to select your housing can be found here, or under Helpful How-To Links.
IMPORTANT: Selection Facts
Be sure to know your unique selection start time and date.
In order to make a selection, you MUST complete Step 1 (Housing Application) and Step 2 (Pre-Enroll for classes).
Returning students who have pre-enrolled in fall classes, but do not select a room by April 28th, will be automatically assigned a room for the fall semester.
It will be to your advantage to select a room at the start of your selection time. You will be able to select a room after your start time, but your room options will decrease the longer you wait to select.
To qualify to live in the apartments, you must be 21+ years of age OR have completed 60+ credit hours by the end of the Spring 2018 semester.
#1. Receive Selection Notification Email
You will receive an email notifying you that you can view your Selection Start Time.
Within the email, you can:
- Access information on viewing your selection date and time.
- Access information on creating roommate groups.
- Learn how to search for roommate(s) if you do not have one prior to the start of the room selection process.
# 2. Know Your Selection Start Date and Time
You can find your personal room selection date and time on your MyOC Home page.
What is a selection time?
Each student will receive a specific time they will be able to log onto www.oc.edu/myochome and select their housing.
When can you view your selection start time?
You will be able to view this information after you have received the selection notification email.
Importance of a selection start time?
You are the only one given that specific selection start time. Once this start time begins, you will be able to select a room. It is to your advantage to select a room as close to your selection time as possible! You will only have a small amount of time to select before the next students selection time will occur.
What if I miss my selection start time?
Your selection start time is simply the time you can begin selecting rooms. Your deadline to select a room is April 23rd. If you are enrolled in fall classes and fail to select a room before April 23rd, you will be automatically assigned a room.
How are selection start times designate?
Your start time will first depend on your class year (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) and then by number of completed credit hours at the end of this semester.
#3. Select Your Favorite Room before Your Selection Time
Do you have a favorite room?
After you have received the selection notification email, you can log into www.oc.edu/myochome to view all room options and Star your Favorite Rooms.
Things to remember when creating favorites:
- “Favoring a room” Does Not mean this will reserve your room. It simply gives you a shorter list to choose from when it is time for you to select a room.
- Others can have the same favorite room.
- If a favorite room has been removed from your list, it has been selected by another student. All rooms are similar and a great place to live.
- Only available favorites will be seen in your favorites list, when you can select a room. If no favorites are in your list, they have been reserved by other students.
#4. Select a Room
Your selection start time is here. Now What?
Steps to Select Your Room:
- Visit www.oc.edu/myochome
- Access the room selection process (located on your home page)
- Search for a room
- Input your roommate group, if applicable
- Finalize your selection
- Receive finalized room confirmation
A. Log into Your MyOC Home Account
Log onto www.oc.edu/myochome. Your user name and password will be your regular OC login.
C. Select a Room
If no roommate group updates / changes are needed, select the "Select a Room" button.
Within your the room selection process there is a countdown clock that shows exactly how much time is remaining before you can select a room. PLEASE NOTE: If you are the leader of a roommate group, the time will change to the best date and time of the person within your group. Each time the group changes, the date and time could change.
How to determine availability for your group:
Available rooms / apartments will have the box 'Open Room'. (Note: The white box only means it is a favorite of someone, BUT that does not mean they have or will reserve it.)
2 of 2, 4 of 4 (highlighted above) refers to the available spaces (first number) of the total spaces (second number) in the room / apartment.
D. View Open Rooms
- Residents can use the filters to search for what type of space they are looking for. They can filter
by Building, Floor or Occupancy.
- This list is pre-filtered based on the combined eligibility of the group members. Changes in the
roommate group may affect the rooms or apartments displayed.
- This list accounts for gender and other elements of the roommate groups in displaying available
space, so these room elements are not displayed in the list view.
Staring and Selecting a Room
- The Availability column lists how much space is available in each room.
- Residents can save their Favorite rooms by clicking on the white star in the Selection column. By
saving a Favorite room, participants create a personal list that allows faster selection when it is
their selection time.
- To view the room information, click on Open Room.
- Groups can see all available rooms/apartment for their gender but will only be able to finalize a
selection that meets their current roommate group size. Remember you can adjust your group
size anytime until a room selection is finalized.
- Once a room is finalized only Residence Life can undo a roommate group. This is not something
that can happen quickly and will undo the prior room selection for all members of the group.
E. Finalize Your Selection
Once a room has been identified, the group leader should make the selection.
- Selection Window Status: displays countdown until selection can be finalized OR message
indicating window for selection has opened and housing selection can be finalized
- Your Roommates: lists all members of the group.
Room Selection: Displays the room the group leader selected. If selecting an apartment, the group
leader will need to place each roommate from the roommate group into the bed spaces related to
the apartment. In this way, the students directly control which residents share rooms within the
Finalize Selection: When the assignment can be finalized, or the group leader prepares to submit
the assignment, the “Finalize Selection” button is displayed. After clicking on the “Finalize
Selection” button, click OK to confirm that the housing selection is finalized .
Please note: Make sure every member's name is shown in a slot. If a member is forgotten and the selection is finalized, they are not included in the room / apartment.
F. Receive Room Selection Confirmation
You will receive a room selection confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have have successfully submitted an assignment, you may still view your selected assignment
on your MyOC Home Account (www.oc.ed/myochome). However, you will not be able to edit your group or change your finalized room assignment.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am part of a Roommate Group and don't see any rooms to select.
- You will need to change your group configuration so you can see other rooms that are available.
- Select a room from the available options and let Residence Life know what your preference is.
- You can be put on a Wish List so that you may be contacted in case your preference becomes available.
- If another room does not become available, this room will be your assignment.
I want to room with a freshman or a transfer student. How should I make my reservation?
- Make your reservation like you would be rooming alone.
- When the freshman/transfer student is able to reserve they may select your room.
- Unfortunately, if a current student decides to become your roommate before the freshman/transfer student is able to make their reservation, the current student will receive priority in room placement.
I do not have a Roommate Group, and only see a few options. How should I make my reservation?
- Select a room from the available options and finalize your selection. Then, let Residence Life know what your preference is.
- You can be put on a Wish List so that you may be contacted in case your preference becomes available.
- If another room does not become available, this room will become your new assignment.