All incoming freshmen should choose courses for the first semester they'll attend OC. Follow the steps below to see the courses suggested for your major and instructions for choosing class sections.
Log In at http://signmeup.oc.edu/enroll
- Go to signmeup.oc.edu/enroll
- Login using the same username and password you created for your application.
Click on "See suggested classes for your major"
In a Separate Window or Tab, a Page Will Display Your Suggested Classes
The classes suggested for your first semester will be listed. These classes are based on your intended major and your English and Math ACT scores.
Each class has a corresponding code. These codes are determined by three factors:
- A four-letter code that categorizes the class according to which subject it belongs. (For example, a class labelled "BIBL" belongs to the subject of Bible.)
- A four-digit code organizes classes within each department. The first number indicates the level of the class ("1" marks a freshman level class, while "4" marks a senior level class), and the last (fourth) number indicates the number of credit hours one may earn from this class.
- A two-digit code will appear at the end to indicate the class section only when there are multiple sections available for one course.
(If you are having trouble understanding what the four-letter code for each class means, click here or see the last image on this page for a list of descriptions)
In another window or tab, a page will pop up featuring a search box that you may use for finding the courses for which you want to register.
Add Your Classes
Submit Course Selections
- Be sure that you have selected the correct term
- (You do not need to enter a start/end date for the classes)
- Enter in as many of the classes as you can on the main page
- Select "Submit"
Select the Section
All of the available sections for the classes you selected will appear. This can be very overwhelming. Here are some suggestions for how to work through the lists:
- For classes with multiple sections try to narrow the search - by a professor that has been recommended, a time that you would prefer, or days that you would prefer
- Set up a schedule for your week and start plugging in classes to see which sections would work best with your other classes.
Select Classes to Register
- When you find a class that you would like to register for, check the box to the left of the listing.
- After you have selected all of your classes, select "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
- All of your selections will be added to your Preferred List.
Register for Selected Sections
If you need to search for more sections, you can select the "Search and Register for Sections" link at the top of the page. When you have finished selecting courses and wish to register, follow the steps below.
- Next to "Action for ALL Pref. Sections," select "RG Register." This will hold your spot in all of the classes you have selected.
- Click "Submit"
NOTE: Alternately, you may register for classes individually by selecting "RG Register" from the drop-down box to the left of each section.
You will immediately see whether your registration was successful.
Some sections may be full. You may need to select a different section if your registration was unsuccessful.
If you are unsure why your class registration was unsuccessful, please contact the Registrar's office at (405)425-5200 to resolve the issue.