You can forward your ShoreTel Phone to another phone on campus or to a local external number. The easiest way to set up your forwarding options is using ShoreTel Communicator. If you have not installed the program, you can find instructions for installing it here: Install/Setup Shoretel Communicator for Windows
- In ShoreTel Communicator for Windows click on the orange ShoreTel icon in the upper left-hand corner.
- Select Options.
Set up Call Handling
- Select a Call Handling Mode. In this example, we're using the Extended Absence mode, but you can use any of the call handling modes.
- Select when you want the call to transfer. If you want it to transfer immediately with every call, select Always. If you want the call to transfer only if the call is not answered, select When no answer or busy.
- Click Change Destination to enter the number you'd like to transfer to. If transferring to an on-campus number you will only need to enter the 4-digit extension. To transfer to an external number, enter the whole number including area code. The number you're transferring to must be a local number.
- Press Apply to save changes.
Change Your Call Handling Mode
To turn on the forwarding, set your ShoreTel phone to the call handling mode where you set up forwarding.
- Select Call Handling Mode in the left-hand menu.
- Select the Call Handling Mode where you set up the forwarding. In this example, we used Extended Absence.
- Select OK to save the changes and close the window.
NOTE: To turn off forwarding, simply change the call handling mode back to a call handling mode without forwarding, usually Standard.