- Before you install Office 2016, you need to Uninstall Office 2011
- Because Office 2016 is such a large program, you need to connect to the network using a wired Ethernet connection and disable your wireless connection before beginning this process in order to reduce the installation time.
- You can pick up an Ethernet cable at Support Central
- You MUST be on campus in order to install this program.
- If you are off campus or have trouble installing from the server, you can install from Office 365. Instructions are located at https://support.oc.edu/hc/en-us/articles/204894849
Connect to server
In order to get to the Office2016Mac.ISO, connect to smb://software.oc.edu/dist/Microsoft/Office/2016Mac/
Please visit Connecting to a Server in the Mac OS if there is an issue.
This .iso file contains both the software installer and the serializer to activate the product.
Enter the computer administrative information
- Enter the username for your computer (If you have an OC issued laptop, use your OC username)
- Enter the password for your computer (If you have an OC issued laptop, use your OC password)
- Click "Install Software"
Wait for the installation to finish.
This process could take several minutes.
Return to the Office2016Mac.iso folder that you accessed to run the Office 2016 installer and double-click on the serializer (Microsoft_Office_2016_VL_Serializer_2.0.pkg)
Please Restart your computer to complete the installation and serialization.