- Because Office 2013 is such a large program, it is recommended that you connect to the network using a wired Ethernet connection and disable your wireless connection before beginning this process in order to reduce the installation time.
- Please note that you must be on campus in order to install this program.
- Before you install Office 2013, you must first uninstall Office 2010.
Uninstall Older Versions of Office
If you have an older version of Microsoft Office, you will need to uninstall it before installing Microsoft Office 2013. Please see the Microsoft Office Support Page for instructions.
Connect to the Server
- Type \\software.oc.edu\dist\Microsoft\office into the search bar
- Click on the resulting file folder.
Open the 2013 Folder
Double-click the 2013 folder
Run the Setup File
Double-click the setup file.
Allow the File to Run
- Click Install Now
Clicking Install Now will install all of the products available to you.
Clicking Customize will allow you to choose which programs to install.
Wait for the Installer
This may take several minutes.
Close the Installer
Open a Microsoft Office Product
In this example, we will use Word.
Open other Documents
Click Open Other Documents
Change Product Key
Click Change Product Key
Open the License.Txt File
- Open the license.txt file
- Copy the Serial Number
Paste the Serial Number
- Paste the serial number. A green check mark will appear if it is correct.
- Click Install