All incoming MSE and MSCS students should choose courses for the first semester they'll attend OC. Follow the steps below to see the courses suggested for your Graduate Program and instructions for choosing class sections.
1. SIGN IN TO MYOC
- Navigate to http://my.oc.edu
- Enter OC username (OC Usernames are often firstname.lastname, but can be f.lastname, firstname.a.lastname or something similar)
- Enter OC password.
3. AGREE TO PAYMENT TERMS, IF NEEDED
Before you can register for classes you must agree to the Payment Terms. If you have not done that yet, you will need to click on the link to indicate your agreement. If you do not see the link, proceed to the next step.
4. CLICK ON "SEE SUGGESTED CLASSES FOR YOUR MAJOR"
Click on the "See suggested classes for your major" link to view a list of recommended classes.
5. VIEW SUGGESTED COURSES
In a separate window or tab, a page will display your suggested classes. The classes suggested for your first semester will be listed. These classes are based on your graduate program.
Each class has a corresponding code. These codes are determined by three factors:
- A four-letter code that categorizes the class according to which subject it belongs. (For example, a class labelled "ENGR" belongs to the subject of Engineering.)
- A four-digit code organizes classes within each department. The first number indicates the level of the class ("1" marks a freshman level class, while "5" marks a graduate level class), and the last (fourth) number indicates the number of credit hours one may earn from this class. Graduate courses are 3 hours.
- A two-digit code will appear at the end to indicate the class section only when there are multiple sections available for one course.
(If you are having trouble understanding what the four-letter code for each class means, click here or see the last image on this page for a list of descriptions)
6. "SEARCH AND REGISTER FOR SECTIONS"
7. ADD CLASSES
8. SUBMIT COURSE SELECTIONS
- Be sure that you have selected the correct term
- (You do not need to enter a start/end date for the classes)
- Enter one or two courses per 8-week term. REMINDER: Inernational students must be enrolled full-time, which is 9 credit hours (3 courses).
- Select "Submit"
9. SELECT CLASSES TO REGISTER
- When you find a class that you would like to register for, check the box to the left of the listing.
- After you have selected all of your classes, select "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
All of your selections will be added to your Preferred List.
10. REGISTER FOR SELECTED SECTIONS
If you need to search for more sections, you can select the "Search and Register for Sections" link at the top of the page. When you have finished selecting courses and wish to register, follow the steps below.
- Next to "Action for ALL Pref. Sections," select "RG Register." This will hold your spot in all of the classes you have selected.
- Click "Submit"
NOTE: Alternately, you may register for classes individually by selecting "RG Register" from the drop-down box to the left of each section.
You will immediately see whether your registration was successful.
Some sections may be full. You may need to select a different section if your registration was unsuccessful.
If you are unsure why your class registration was unsuccessful, please contact the Registrar's office at (405)425-5200 to resolve the issue.