These directions assume that you have already browsed to Blackboard, logged in, and have clicked into the course shell in which you wish to create a TurnItIn assignment.
Ensure Tool Availability
- From the Course Management Control Panel, choose Customization
- Click Tool Availability
TurnItIn Tools Availability
Make sure the checkboxes look like the example above. If not, check the appropriate boxes.
- Click on Course Content in the left hand menu.
- Click Assessments.
- Click TurnItIn Assignment in the drop down menu.
Agree to the User Agreement
Click I Agree -- Continue
- Select your assignment type.
- Click Next Step.
Configure Assignment Options
- Enter an assignment title
- Assign a point value for the assignment
- Choose to Allow only file types that can check for similarity
- Choose a Start date (when the assignment becomes available), Due date (when the assignment is due), and a Post date (when the grades will be visible to students)
- Configure optional settings. These include special instructions, similarity report options, grading options, and search options.
- Click Submit