Full Grade Center
- Under the Control Panel
- Click Grade Center
- Click Full Grade Center
Click Create Column at the top of the page.
- Name the column (you can give it a shorter grade center name if you'd like and a description)
- Name to show up in grade center
- Give a description of the column
- Set the primary display. This is the display that the students can see. It is by default set at score.
- The secondary display is only visible by the instructor and we suggest that you make this one letter so that when you do your midterm and final grades you see the letter grade.
- Next is setting your category (if you are using category weights for your grading you definitely need to set your category here and your points possible as these should match your syllabus.)
- List the total points that will be possible for this column.
- Click to add a rubric (optional)
Dates & Options
- The use of due dates is now a feature in Blackboard we encourage. If you use the due dates for each item, not only will automatically get sent to the course calendar but when you go to copy this course to the next semester, you can just tell it and it will change all the dates by a certain number of days automatically so there's no more resetting everything and redoing all the dates.
- These settings are recommended as is and are the default in Blackboard. If you would like to change them, do so now.