Please follow the instructions below to embed recorded audio files into Blackboard.
The first portion of this answer will show how to record an audio file using your computer. The second portion of this answer will show you how to embed the audio file in Blackboard. If you have an audio file already in Google Drive, you can jump to the second portion of the answer to learn how to embed the item in Blackboard.
Create Audio Recording
Add New Apps
Click the New button in the top left corner of your browser window.
- Hover your cursor on More
- Click Connect more apps
- In the search bar, search for audio cloud recorder
- Click the blue connect button next to Cloud Audio Recorder
- In the next window, click ok to make Cloud Audio Recorder the default application for these files.
Exit the Window
Exit out of the Applications search window.
Allow Access to Camera/Microphone
- Click Allow to allow access to your camera & microphone.
- You can click Remember to always allow or click Close to allow once.
Click Stop when you have finished recording.
Save MP3 to Google Drive
- Click the Download as mp3 button
- Click Save to Google Drive
- Type an appropriate name for the audio file.
- Optional: You can specify the folder you would like to save the file in by clicking Select Folder
- Click Save as... to save the file
Embed the Audio File
Please open the course shell and content area you would like to embed the audio file in a separate window.
Open the Audio File in Google Drive
Double-click to open the Audio File
Open Audio File in Pop-Out Window
- Click the vertical dots in the top right corner.
- Click Open in new window
Retrieve Embed Code
- Click the vertical dots in the top right corner of the new window.
- Click Embed item...
- Copy the embed code
- Click Ok
Build Content in Blackboard
- In your desired content area, click Build Content
- Click Item
If you have not yet built a content area, please see our instructions for adding a content area in Blackboard.
Creating the Content
- Enter an appropriate name into the Name box.
- Click the HTML button
Paste Embed Code
- Paste the embed code in the Code View box.
- Click Update
Alter Item Settings (Optional)
- Alter any settings (optional)
- Click Submit