You will need the following for these instructions:
- Computer with working internet connection
- IPEVO Pen and wireless receiver
- IPEVO Sensor
- IW2 Driver
- A second person to position the sensor when it comes time for calibration
Driver & Software Installation
- First, install the IPEVO IW Driver found on the IPEVO Support Website.
- Click the blue download button under Required Software for either Mac OS or Windows (whatever you’re on).
- Wait until the product is finished downloading.
- For PC:
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation for IW Driver.
- Follow the onscreen prompts and accept installation of the Annotator software.
- An IW Driver icon will appear at the bottom right-hand side of the task bar after the installation is completed.
- For Mac:
- Double-click the downloaded file. Two icons, “IW Driver” and “Annotator” will appear.
- Drag the IW Driver icon and Annotator icon into the Application folder to complete the installation for both.
- Click on the IW Driver icon in the Application folder after the installation is completed. An IW Driver icon will appear at the top right-hand side of the status bar.
Position the Sensor Cam
- For most projectors, a good position for the Sensor Cam will be the same location as the projector. One exception to this is if you are using a short-throw projector. In that case, the Sensor Cam will need to be further away from the screen than the projector.
- The Sensor Cam should face directly at the projection screen. Depending on your screen’s height, you may have to adjust the Sensor Cam’s lens to face upwards or downwards. Adjust the hinged metal base to easily perform any such adjustments.
- The Sensor Cam is best placed opposite the center of the screen at a straight-on angle. However, a straight-on angle is not require for acceptable operation, and the Sensor Cam may be placed at another angle if necessary.
- Ensure that once the Sensor Cam is placed it is properly secured, but only after calibration has been completed. Calibration may require you to move the Sensor Cam.
Ready the Interactive Pen and Connect to the Computer
- Remove the battery cover from the Interactive Pen and insert 2 AAA batteries. Replace the cover. Attach the included wrist strap. Turn on the pen when ready to use.
- The Sensor Cam can be connected to your computer wirelessly via the included wireless receiver.
- Connect the Sensor Cam to a power outlet by plugging the Micro-USB cable into the Micro-USB port on the Sensor Cam, then plugging the other end of the cable into the included power adapter. Lastly, plug the power adapter into an available outlet.
- Detach the Wireless Receiver from the bottom of the Pen and plug it into the USB port of your computer.
- Turn on the Sensor Cam by pressing the Sensor Power Button located on the Pen. Make sure the Pen is pointing at the Sensor Cam while doing so.
- Check the LED light on the Sensor Cam. The LED will be green once successfully connected to your computer.
- Click on the IW Driver icon located in the task bar (or status bar). Choose “Start Calibration” in the menu.
- Tap each corner square with the Interactive Pen and make sure ALL the resulting dots appear inside your projection screen. However, do note that the dots do not have to be in the corner squares. If the resulting dots are not contained within the projection screen, follow the instructions onscreen to reposition the Sensor Cam.
- With the Pen, tap and hold on the red dot that appears onscreen until the next red dot appears. Four red dots will appear in total. You MUST tap all four in order. Failing to do so may negatively impact Pen accuracy.
- If the system detects that the Sensor Cam is poorly positioned, onscreen instructions will appear to remedy the issue.
- Once calibration is complete, you will be returned to your desktop and your IW2 will be ready for use.
Use the IW2 Interactive Pen
- Once the pen is on, it can be tapped against the screen to simulate a left-click. This can also be done by holding the pen close to the screen and clicking the green IPEVO button.
- Right-clicks can be performed by holding a left-click for more than 2 seconds.
- A double-click is performed by quickly tapping or clicking the button twice.
- Click and drag functions are performed by tapping or clicking the button and holding whilst moving the selection to its desired position.
DO NOT stand in front of the Sensor Cam while using the Pen. Blocking the Sensor Cam’s view will result in poor Pen Accuracy.
For more help, please see our instruction containing the IPEVO User Manual.