Once you have created a ThinkApp learning object, you can add it to Bb. There are two ways of doing this: (1) embedding the learning object; (2) linking to the learning object. The first option is beneficial in that it puts the learning object right in the context of the Bb module/folder. The second is beneficial in that it makes the learning object easier to see and use because it opens in a new tab/window. We provide instructions for both options here.
Open the ThinkApp Learning Object and BlackBoard
- Open your Web Browser
- Open the ThinkApp Learning Object.
- In a new tab, open BlackBoard
Open Learning Object in Build Mode
- Choose your Learning Object
- Check Build mode
Locate the HTML Embed Code
Scroll down the page until you find the Embed Code. It will be located under the content (in this example, a video).
Highlight the Code
Click and drag over the text to highlight the HTML embed code.
Double-Check Course Shell
In the BlackBoard tab, make sure you are in the course shell you want to embed HTML code into.
Name the New Page
Give the blank page a name by replacing New Page in the title text box (top of page) with a title of your choice.
Paste the Embed Code
- In the window that opens, paste the embed code copied from the ThinkApp learning object’s build mode page.
- Click Update
You can configure the following settings:
- Attach a File - attach a worksheet or rubric (or other file) for the students to use
- Make sure Permit Users to View this Content is marked Yes
- Track number of views - this setting is optional but recommended
- Select date and time restrictions - allows you to provide a specific time frame for which the content is available.
- Click Submit
To test the page, turn off edit mode and click the link to the page you just added.