You can create rules to apply color to the cells in the Grade Center, either by grade or status. Color in the Grade Center provides visual indicators to help you interpret information quickly. For example, you can use yellow to highlight graded items with failing scores so that students and columns that require attention are prominent.
Full Grade Center
- Click the down arrows next to Grade Center
- Click Full Grade Center
Grading Color Codes
- Hover on the Manage button
- Click Grading Color Codes
Grading Status Color Codes
- For each Grading Status, select the down-pointing arrow icon in the Background Color column to access the Swatch Color box.
- In the Swatch Color box, select a color
- Select Apply to save it.
Grade Range Color Codes
- Select Add Criteria to create a color rule.
- In the Criteria menu, select Between, More Than, or Less Than.
- Type a percentage in the box or boxes.
- For Background Color and Text, select the down-pointing arrow icon to access the Swatch Color box.
- Select a color and select Apply to save it.
- Select Add Criteria to create an additional Grade Ranges field. If you create a rule that contains some of the same information as another rule, the system generates a warning so that you can edit your criteria.
You will now see color coded grades in the Grade Center. For more information, please see the video below.