There are a few things you need to know about group calling in Skype before you start.
- All parties must be running the latest version of Skype
- You can only have 9 people (10 counting the host) in a group call (at least in the free version of Skype)
- Open the Skype app and log in if necessary.
- In the menu bar, click the File menu and choose New Conversation.
- One the New Conversations page that opens, add people from your contacts list to the conversation.
- In the sidebar on the left side of the Skype app...
- Right-click (or two-finger click) on the conversation named "Untitled"
- Choose "Set Topic"
- Type in a title for the conversation
- Initiate the call by clicking the camera button (video) or the telephone button (audio only) in the upper right corner of the conversation (below the search box).
- Click the Contacts menu
- Choose "Create New Group"
- Click the Empty group name in the header, which will bring up the group profile
- Click the Edit icon to name your group
- Click the Add button to add people to the group, or drag and drop your contacts into the group
- Place a tick in the box for each person you wish to add, then click Add to Group
- Click the Video call button