Note: Before you can use a softphone, you'll need to request access from Support Central. Please email email@example.com
You can use a softphone to route incoming calls and start outgoing calls from your computer.
Connect to VPN
You'll need to be connected to OC via VPN to use the Softphone option. You can find instructions at the links below:
Log in to Mitel Connect
- In Mitel Connect, click on your initials
- Click the radio button next to Softphone to make incoming calls ring on your computer instead of your phone.
- Leave your microphone on Default. This will allow you to use your computer microphone if none is plugged in, your an external microphone if you have one attached.
We recommend using a headset when using a softphone to block out noise in the room and improve he quality of the call. Any USB or headphone jack headset should work.
Once you've switched over to a softphone, your phone screen will read Anonymous instead of having your name.
Answer Incoming Call
Make sure the volume is turned up on your computer so you can hear it ringing!
When an incoming call comes in, you can see it in your Mitel window. You may also see a pop-up on your screen with caller ID information.
- Click on the green telephone icon in the "Calls" section to answer the incoming call
- If you want to send the call to Voicemail, click the red voicemail icon.
During the call you have the following options:
- Mute your microphone.
- Put the caller on hold
- Hang up
- Forward the Call
- Add another person to the call (Conference Call)
Make a Phone Call
- Press the keypad option.
- Either type in the number or search the directory by name.
Once you're connected, you'll have the same call options as above.
If you're leaving your computer or logging off, please change the primary assignment away from softphone to desk phone.