Guests can join Collaborate Sessions using the instructions below.
We've found that Google Chrome or the FireFox web browser work best for these sessions.
Click on the meeting link that was sent to you. The link may be sent by email, text or calendar invite.
- Type your name so that other participants will know who you are
- Click Join Session.
Allow Access to Microphone and Camera
Your browser may pop up and ask for permission to use your microphone. Click Allow.
An Audio Test will appear.
- Speak to test your microphone. (Don't worry. No one in the room can hear you yet!)
- If you notice movement, click Yes - It's working to proceed.
- If you're having trouble, click on the pull-down to select a different microphone.
- If it's still not working, click on No- I need help to get some troubleshooting steps.
Click Allow to allow access to your camera.
A video test will appear.
- If you can see yourself, click Yes - It's working.
- If not, click No - I need help for some troubleshooting steps.
Expand the sections below for detailed information about using Blackboard Collaborate.
The Collaborate menu can be activated by pressing the purple button in the bottom right hand me
In the Settings menu, you can edit your Audio and Video Settings
- Click on Audio and Video Settings to expand the menu
- Click on Set up Your camera and microphone to step through the setup again.
- The Dial In number is listed
- You can adjust your speaker volume.
In the Settings menu, you can edit your Notification settings
- Click on Notification Settings to expand the menu.
- Click on the checkboxes to edit the types of notifications you want to receive during class meetings.
The Attendees button will show the people that are currently in the meeting.
Click on the Chat icon to open the chat window.
If permitted by the meeting host, you have two options in Chat.
- You can start a private chat with someone in the meeting. Search for the name of someone in the meeting to start a private chat with everyone.
- You can chat with everyone. This is a great way to ask the presenter clarifying questions during a session.
Be careful what you say in your private chats! Meeting hosts and moderators may be able to see the content of private chats.
You may use any of the feedback buttons at any time during the meeting.
When you are ready to leave the meeting:
- Click on the person icon.
- Click Leave Session.