**NOTE: This recipe is to create a single session in Collaborate if you are needing to create a REPEATING Session then here is your recipe.
Open Blackboard Collaborate
Navigate to your course/organization.
There is a link in the left-hand menu called Collaborate session, click it. You can also:
- Go to Course Management
- Click Course Tools
- Select Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- Enter a New Session Name
- Check Guess access to allow people outside your Blackboard course to access the collaborate session.
- Set dates/times for the start and end of your session.
- Check the box if your session is open ended or if the session is going to be repeated.
- Be sure to set the amount of time for early entry.
Now open the Session Settings, and checkover the option choices.
Check the box to allow recording downloads, if you are wanting your participant to have this ability.
NOTE: If students don't need to interact with the whiteboard or slide deck, uncheck the box. Otherwise, they have access to write or text on the presentation.
- Open the Attendance Reporting section and check the box to share attendance information with LMS and then review the defaults for what is considered late or absent/present.
- Click Create
NOTE: Add the attendance tool first, in order to have a column generate in the Grade Center for Collaborate attendance. You can exclude it from Grade Center calculations if you are not taking a grade for attendance.
If you checked the box next to “Guest access” earlier, you might want to copy the Guest Link at this time.